THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
From our beautifully situated office in Durley, Hampshire we build brands that stand out, demand attention, and make people take action. We are seeking an ambitious Junior Designer to join our close-knit multi-disciplined team. At Frost, we’re driven to do the absolute very best for our clients through effective creative design. We work with brands of all shapes and sizes delivering anything from the earliest brand identity to creative campaigns, print, packaging, websites and video. We become proactive partners in our clients’ businesses establishing – and safeguarding – their brand to help drive their success.
So, who do we need?
Firstly, we need someone who has a raw passion for all things design; be that branding, web design, motion, packaging, 3D, print or all of these. If you can demonstrate a high level of creative, digital and (or) art-working skills that you can bring to the table then we would like to hear from you. Secondly, and probably more importantly, you need to be happy to work within a small but well-established team and get your hands dirty working on multiple tasks, which will be anything from conceptualising ideas, design and artworking, through to writing blog posts, updating website content and general administration duties. So, you’ll be a solid all rounder. It’s all hands on deck here. You will be commercially aware, have great working knowledge of all the main Creative Cloud applications, MS Office, Meta Suite, WordPress etc, and of course outstanding organisation and time management skills.
What will the salary be?
The salary range on offer is £18-25K DOE. We’ll be keeping an open mind for our next hire so you could be a recent graduate designer or a Junior looking for a more challenging and rewarding role. In addition to a competitive salary you’ll receive the usual benefits such as private health care, pension contributions and a generous holiday entitlement (28 days plus bank holidays) along with regular team socials.
Your main responsibilities may include:
- meeting clients or marketing consultants to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- estimating the time required to complete the work;
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the creative director and clients where applicable;
- working with a wide range of media, including photography and video;
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- working on layouts and art working pages ready for print and online;
- keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign , Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Sketch, Acrobat and Dreamweaver;
- developing interactive design skillsets;
- working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists.
Skills required for this role:
- Organised and proactive
- Great communicator
- Passionate and knowledgable about design and using the software a must
- Comfortable using Mac computers
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
- IT skills including Microsoft Office for Mac
- Working knowledge of HTML, Java Script and front-end development is advantageous but not essential
- understanding and working knowledge of video and animation editing software is advantageous but not essential
- Able to work across multiple design disciplines
This will be an exciting role with lots of variety. You must be friendly, open-minded and be comfortable with creative banter and the occasional outburst of foul language. We’re open to speaking to candidates looking for a part-time or a full-time role and even flexible working hours.
If you are interested in this role please send CVs and portfolios, including a covering letter or email with salary expectations, to [email protected].
For more information about the role feel free to call the studio on 01489 892 602